Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Super Heroes to the Rescue!

Ever since Thomas went to a Super Hero birthday party this summer (thanks Tucker and Tyler for a fun time) dressed as Dash Incredible, he has been asking about Super Heroes. He decided that for Halloween, he would be Batman, Henry would be Robin, dad would be Superman and I would be WonderWoman. He started talking about this in July and by September, he was still talking about it. So..we decided to become a family of Super Heroes. We were able to use our costumes twice! We all participated in the Halloween Fun Run and Lil Monster Dash. Charlie and I ran the 5k (3.1 miles) and Thomas ran the .43 mile race. We all did great. Charlie finished as fast as SuperMan and I, well...I wasn't exactly WonderWoman speed, but..I finished, without walking. It was my first race, post-Henry being born. It was great to get back out there again. Thomas did so great in the Lil Monster's Dash. He ran the whole way and had a great time with it. Charlie ran with him, too, which Thomas enjoyed.






Trick or treating was a hit this year as well! Thomas ran to each house, said trick or treat and thank you. He even enjoyed handing out candy to the kids, when we got home. All in all...Halloween was great!



Thomasism for the night...the past couple of nights, Thomas has wanted to put himself to bed. After we read books, he walks into his room, climbs into bed and goes to sleep. Tonight he said to me, "Mom, I don't want you to rub my back or kiss me tonight. And, don't say goodnight sweetheart at the door." Me: "Well, do you think that I could give you a kiss before you go into your bedroom?" Thomas: "No." Me: "How about if I give you a kiss, right after we read books?" Thomas: "Done!" This made me crack up. I have been saying that to him lately, when we get in our bargaining/bantering mode. We will go back and forth with options of things and when we get to an agreement I will say "done!," kind of like saying, "deal!" It caught me off guard when he said it and I just started laughing.


Our godson was born yesterday! Dominic Charles Yost was born to Jessica and Charles Yost. Thomas's pals, Lydia and Elijah, are lucky to have such a beautiful baby brother! Congratulations to the Yost Family. We are excited to be a part of Dominic's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment