Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on Our Trip to the Mall...

Before I get into our afternoon/evening, I will touch on Thanksgiving. We had a lovely Thanksgiving gathering with my parents. It was just the four of us and the two of them. It was a quiet, peaceful and delicious holiday. Happy Thanksgiving to All!


This afternoon, we thought that we would venture out to the mall with the boys. We had everything ready to go and headed out, once both boys were up from their naps. I think it would be best to sum up our afternoon/evening with a series of bullet points:
  1. We arrive at a store, before going to the mall. After being there for five minutes, we realize that Henry's jeans are wet, which means that his diaper has leaked.
  2. (I should preface number #2 by telling you that right before we left the house today, I took out Henry's extra set of clothing from the diaper bag. He usually never leaks out.) We thought we had an extra set of pants in the truck...it was not there.
  3. Henry rode to the mall in his carseat, with a changing pad underneath him.
  4. We get to the mall. Charlie and Thomas run to another errand in the mall and I am off in search of a new outfit for Henry at Target.
  5. I buy an outfit for H and change him in the mall restroom (PS..those new hand-drying machines are super loud and babies do not like them...especially when a five year-old girl keeps putting her hands under them because she likes the noise.).
  6. We meet up with T and C and then head back to Target to actually do our shopping there. After finishing up at Target, we lift H out of the shopping cart. Wouldn't you know, his pants are wet again!
  7. C stands there with both boys, while I run back to the baby section to buy outfit #2 AND a pack of diapers that are one size bigger.
  8. Back to the restroom, to change H again and big brother is along this time in one of those little carts that look like cars that you can rent at the mall. C runs out to the truck to put our Target bags away and grab H's bottle and formula mix (he stopped nursing two weeks ago).
  9. We meet C outside of the bathroom...oops..he forgot the bottle. C runs back out to the parking lot and the boys and I wait on a bench in the mall.
  10. T and I decide that we will go use the restroom, while C feeds H. I get the bottle of water out of the insulated pack and am just about to mix it with the formula, when I realize that part of the water is gone and the bag is wet. Wouldn't you know...I forgot to grab the little ring insert for the bottle before we left home (editors note...it is this new thing that Avent has you put in the bottle that is supposed to prevent colic and the bottle does not work without it).
  11. I run into Target (yes, again) to find a solution. I see Similac bottles to go! All you are supposed to do is open the bottle of formula, put a nipple on it and the baby can eat from it. The label says, "Eat on the go!" I run back out to the bench, rip open the box and realize that there are not any nipples in the box. Eat on the go, my foot!
  12. Back to Target for a second solution. I buy a single Avent bottle (this would have been the smart choice the first time). I bring it out to the bench and take the little colic ring and put it in our bottle. Success!
  13. We finish up our shopping trip and head to Perkins for supper. Done!
If you were keeping track...that was five purchases at Target tonight...two outfits, a pack of formula bottles, one bottle and our actual items that we needed from there and a partridge in a pear tree. It was an adventure.

Henry is very close to crawling. He has his own version of it. He can sort of roll/army crawl/scoot to whereever he wants to go. He's getting very mobile. He's a very happy little man, loves to clap and is very vocal.

Thomas has a great imagination! He loves to pretend. Here he is below, pretending that he is "Construction Mike." Mike is a local contractor who has been doing some things at our house. Thomas will walk around with a deep voice, saying that he is "Construction Mike." He will then pretend to fix just about anything in the house, with his Handy Manny toolset. He will even tell us that I am Construction Gal, Charlie is Construction Man and Henry is Construction Baby. He is so fun to listen to and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment