Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Falling into Family Time

Every once in a while, I have talked about the "norms." We got used to a new norm, when I became pregnant with Baby #2, we got used to a new norm when Henry was born and now we are getting used to a norm of more family time. Every time we have a new norm to "get used to," life just gets better and better. Charlie changed jobs at the hospital and is now working a more "normal" schedule...M-F, 7a-3p. We are loving it! We have supper as a family every night and get to spend the whole weekend together. We don't have to worry about schedules and can just enjoy our time as a family. It has been great...and we have only had two weeks of it so far. :) Thomas and Charlie have been playing a lot of catch outside and Henry just loves watching them.

Henry is rolling all over the place now. He isn't crawling yet,  but he can pretty much roll to whatever spot he wants to be in. He is VERY vocal..ga, da, ma, ba...and we think he might be trying to say hi. Henry has a smile on for most of the day and really only gets upset when he needs something. He seems to think that his brother is the best person ever. Thomas can make Henry just giggle and giggle. It is so fun to watch them together.

Thomas is growing like crazy. He has made the transition from toddler to little boy. He still talks like he is three going on fifty. The other night, I told him that if he was naughty at bedtime, then I was going to take his new Vikings ball away. His response, "Oh ya, well I will just go and find it." Me: "You won't be able to find it." Thomas: "Well, I will just tell my dad and he will buy me a new one." Me: "Dad, won't be able to buy you one because they are all gone." Thomas: "Well, my dad will just find one and then he will tell the police on you." Me: (After realizing that it is totally ridiculous to banter with a three year-old) "Enough, Thomas! If you are naughty at bedtime...I will throw your ball away and that will be it! It will be gone and you won't get it back." Thomas: "Oh no! Then the garbage truck will take it and it will burn in the fire like Buzz and Woody! I'll be good mama."

A few picture for you...of the last month or so...

Our little man.
Dad and Thomas (and Spiderman) at their backyard campout. 
 Charlie and I on a date at the Vikings game. They won...only win of the season..thus far.
 Brotherly love.
 Pumpkin carving..with a Gerber knife (very dull).
 Thomas and his pumpkins.
More updates after Halloween...

No comments:

Post a Comment