Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And the Boys are Bunkin' It!

Yes, that's right...the boys are now sharing a room! WOO HOO! It is going pretty well. We have been giving this a try for the last two weeks. They seem to be learning how to sleep in the same room with one another. Thomas generally sleeps through Henry crying and Henry only has woken up a few times from a bad dream that Thomas may have been having. We still have the pack and play up in our room...just in case. Maybe that can finally come down this weekend. I have to say..being able to actually talk in our room and get ready in the morning without tip-toeing around has been quite nice. Henry still has a little bit of an issue with falling asleep right away at night, but once he's asleep, he usually only wakes up once to eat! YEAH! Both of the boys have become early risers...as in 5:55am usually. :) Luckily, they both seem ok with laying in mom and dad's bed for a bit. And..who knew that The Muppets Take Manhattan would be so entertaining for a two year old these days!

Henry was five months old yesterday. He isn't rolling over yet, but he's still practicing. We haven't seen any teeth popping through yet, but he definitely working on them. He is drooling like crazy! He's almost becoming a two-bib-a-day baby! He has a great smile and infectious giggle! When you touch him along his jaw line, he either closes his eyes with a big smile, or he starts laughing. It's great! We are thinking about trying some cereal this weekend for him...more on that one next time.

Thomas is working on potty training! He is getting excited about wearing pull-ups and keeps talking about how he is going to wear Spiderman underwear. We do not have anything in our house that has Spiderman on it, but...I'm thinking that maybe a few of the boys at daycare have Spiderman underwear. Hey..if Spiderman is going to do it for him, then that is what we will get! We have frequent checks to see if "the picture is still there" on the pull-ups (modern inventions...a picture disappears if it gets wet). He gets very proud of himself when he is still dry. Thomas will be going to his first movie in a theatre this weekend...Cars 2. Grandma and Grandpa are going to watch Henry, so the three of us can go to the movie. He is so excited about it and has been talking non-stop about it. It will be so fun to go with him. Tonight, Thomas and Charlie are "camping out" at Charlie's friend's house. There are three guys in their 30s and a two, five and six year-old boy there. The original plan was to camp outside, but with the pending rain..I believe it is an indoor camp out. Thomas was excited about having his "man time."

I'll leave you with a story/life lesson from Thomas. Thomas, Henry and I were heading out to have supper with my parents at a restaurant on a local lake. Thomas asked me if I brought his fishing rod. I told him that fishing was something that he did with dad..(I thought this would be a better answer than just saying, "no."). He said, "You know how to fish mom." I said, "Well, I just think that I need dad with me for it." Thomas then said, "I'll show you. You just cast it out, reel it in, then you say 'I got a big fish,' then you eat it. See!" How can you argue with that? The mind of an "almost three year-old."

That is about all from the Johnson house. Here are a few pics...



No comments:

Post a Comment