Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. The Johnsons are in full swing for St. Patty's Day. Thomas went to daycare with Shamrock shaped rice krispie treats for his friends, he's wearing a green shirt and Henry is also in a festive outfit (courtesy of his Aunt Beth). We are looking forward to attending the parade in town and then feasting on some Shepherd's Pie.
Henry will be two months this coming Monday. Can you believe it? He is already getting to be a big boy, too! I weighed him on Sunday and he was 12.6 pounds. Thomas was 11.5 at his two month appointment, so little brother is a bit bigger! :) Henry has not been the greatest sleeper, these past two months, so we decided to try something new this week. The past few nights, Thomas and Charlie have been having camp outs in the living room. We did this, so I could let Henry cry a bit more at night. I haven't let him cry too much at night, up until now, because I didn't want to wake up Thomas. However...I think my total exhaustion and zombie-ness helped me to change my mind on that. With Thomas and Charlie camping out downstairs, I was able to let Henry fuss a bit more. I tried the method of letting him cry for five minutes, then I would go in and soothe him (without picking him up). It seemed to work. The first night took me an hour to get him to bed and last night only took twenty minutes! He then got up three times to eat at night, but went right back to sleep. Before this, Henry would only sleep while being held, in his carseat or in the swing. Let's hope this patterns continues!!!
Thomas continues to be a great big brother! He loves little Henry and is always giving him lots of hugs and kisses. He has also turned out to be a great helper for mom and dad! He always wants to help with Henry...that may be helping to burp him, letting us know he's crying or just simply getting the burp cloth or nuk for Henry. He's a great big brother.
I have a month left before going back to work. I can't believe it's gone by so quickly. I hope to get a few more posts in, before going back to work. :)
Here are some pictures from the last month for you...
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment