Baby update...I am 37 weeks and two days! Yikes. We are onto a our weekly appointments now, which is crazy. We are getting very excited about Baby January joining our family. I am also starting to get in a bit of a "freak out" mode. It's starting to dawn on me that this could happen at any time and I am getting that nesting urge. I have washed all of the baby bedding, done a deep cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom and started making a list of other things I need to get done.
We have also transitioned Thomas from his toddler bed, into a twin size bed. We needed to turn his toddler bed back into a crib, so....we figured we should do that before Thomas felt like the baby was pushing him out of his bed. The transition went very smoothly and he is doing great in it. We also found some cool rugby bedding to go with it. However, Thomas doesn't really "get" sheets and comforters, so he sleeps on top of everything at the foot of his bed. Oh well...at least he stays in his bed and goes to bed nicely.
Thanksgiving and Christmas...both were great! We had an early Thanksgiving with Charlie's family, over deer hunting weekend. Then, my relatives from WA, IA and FL descended upon the Hogberg residence for Thanksgiving and the Texans (my sister and her family moved back to TX in August) came up for Christmas. We also traveled back to Charlie's mom's house for Christmas Day with the Johnson family. There have been many fun celebrations this holiday season and we feel blessed to have been able to see so many people.
Random Christmas/Winter/whatever pictures:
Aside from getting his nice buck during regular deer hunting season, Charlie was also successful at his first bow hunting experience. He was able to hunt on some land about a mile from our house, outside of St. Peter (thanks Scholessers!). He went out many times and on his last day out, he shot a buck with his bow and arrow. The tracking process took a few hours and some trudging through deep snow and ice, but...Charlie seemed very pleased with his new adventure.
New Adventures for Thomas:
- He was totally into Santa Clause this year. I think that it helps that a very "Santa looking man" goes to our church! He would see him on Sundays and get so excited about it. It also helped us show him how Santa would know if he was naughty or nice because he goes to our church!
- It was fun watching Thomas open up Christmas presents this year. His pure enjoyment of each of the gifts was so fun to watch.
- He seems to be excited about the baby. I don't know if he really "gets it," but he likes talking about the baby. He still gives my belly kisses and talks to the baby.
- He is still such a sweet little boy. He is always giving kisses, hugs and compliments. He is such a sweetheart.
- On a different note...he's definitely figuring out what it means to be two! :) He is getting very independent in his thinking and likes to challenge mom and dad. Lots of lessons to be learned...by Thomas and mom and dad.
I don't think that I can guarantee another update until after the baby is born. So....the next time you hear from me, there will probably be four of us. Speaking of...I will probably need to change the title of this blog and address. Hmmm...more things to think about.
Until next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment