On January 21, 2011, Henry Charles Johnson joined our family. He was born at 6:26pm, weighed 8lbs 7oz and was 21 inches long. We are so thrilled to have him in our family.
I was just sure for about two weeks that he/she was going to come any day. The week before Henry was born, I went to my weekly appointment and was told that I was 4cm dilated and the baby was very low. I begged my doctor to just put me in the hospital and get everything rolling, but she wanted to wait one more week. On top of that, I ended up having pink eye that day and Thomas had a fever. We ended up spending the weekend laying low together. Maybe it was God's way of giving us some good mommy/Thomas cuddle time, before Henry arrived. :)
On January 21, I had my next weekly appointment. At that point I was 5cm dilated and the baby was even more head down. My doctor stripped my membranes (which can help to naturally induce labor). After she did that, she decided that I should just check into the hospital because everything would happen that day. I called Charlie at work and he jumped in the car and headed to Mankato. After checking myself into the hospital, Charlie met me up in our delivery room. At 1pm, my Dr. came to check on me and decided to break my water. From there on out...things started to roll. My contractions came on stronger and strong and by 6pm, my Dr. was back again to handle the delivery. I started pushing at 6:13pm and at 6:26pm, we had a beautiful, baby boy. Everything went so smoothly. Charlie was a great supporter for me and our hospital staff was also wonderful.
Thomas stayed with my mom and dad for the weekend. We called to tell him about Baby Henry and he seemed excited, but then told me that he had to go and eat some crackers. :) My mom and dad brought Thomas up on Saturday morning, to meet Henry. Before he even got in the door, I was in tears. Having both of our boys in one room, just made everything feel so complete. Thomas was very excited about Henry that day and continues to have the same excitement.
We feel very blessed to have two healthy and happy boys. Life at the Johnson household is wonderful.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Beautiful family. I am so glad to hear everything went love.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
I am so thrilled for you and your "boys", Annie! What a wonderful family you have! Pass the hugs on from us!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Vicki and Gary