Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Plague Hits the Johnson House



If you have ever wondered what a non-moving Thomas looks like...here you go. It has been quite a week at the Johnson house. This picture was taken on Monday morning, after he was diagnosed with a double ear infection the day before, threw up that night and was running a fever of 101.7. All he wanted to do was lay in our arms. He didn't even want to play with his trucks! I ended up bringing him back to the doctor on Monday afternoon because his skin was very red and bumpy. It looked like he had been laying in a tanning bed all day, without sunscreen. I thought he was having an allergic reaction to his antibiotics. After many stares in the waiting room (I'm sure people thought he had a temp close to 105, with how red his skin was), we got in to see his doctor. Turns out he had a virus, on top of his ear infection. The doctor called it a "measles-like-virus." Basically, it means that he had red, rashy, bumpy skin with a fever. We knew he wasn't feeling good because he didn't want to play with his trucks, or eat, or drink, or anything! All he wanted to do was to sit in our arms and read books. I should mention that even though he wasn't feeling very good at all, he would still look up at us and say "hi." It about melted our hearts. Luckily, he went back to daycare today, but he is still red and bumpy (although it's more pink now instead of red, but no fever). I should also mention that I have a sinus infection and Charlie has bronchitis. But...I think we are all on the mend now.



Here are some pictures prior to all the illness at our house. Some great pictures of the silly Thomas that we all know.

On Saturday, we surprised Charlie at his rugby match in Eagan. Thomas and I were both starting not to feel very good, but the fresh air did us wonders. He enjoyed watching the boys play and also eating snacks. :) He's very good at trying to share, as you can see from the picture.

Charlie and I also celebrated our three year anniversary on Tuesday. Grandma and Grandpa Hogberg came over to watch Thomas. It was nice to have a night out with dinner and a movie. Thanks grandma and grandpa!

New things this week:

  • Thomas has started saying wow and uh oh. "wahhhh" is sort of what wow sounds like. He says it when he gets really excited about things.
  • Blowing kisses has become a very fun and frequent thing. He usually just blows on his hand and then pulls his hand away, but he seems very proud of what he is doing.
  • He is very steady on his feet. When he goes for walks with daycare, he mostly walks beside the stroller now, instead of sitting inside of it. He's such a big boy!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you guys are on the mend!! It is NO fun being sick!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a rough week for you guys! Stay well - Halloween is coming up! :)

    ReplyDelete