We decided to take a minivacation, the few days after the 4th of July. We have so many things near us that we haven't taken advantage of with the boys before. We did everything kid friendly! We saw the Minnesota Zoo, the MN Children's Museum, the Mall of American/Nickelodeon Universe, Choo Choo Bob's Train Store and the Como Zoo and Park. We also ate lots of nummy food and had some great fun in the hotel pool. Thomas was even able to swim a bit on his own, using his water wings. Henry loved the water, too! He was more daring than Thomas at some points, wanting to jump in the water from the side of the pool. The boys did great on our few days away. They are very good little guys.
Sunday, July 8, 2012
The 4th of July and Our Minivacation
It was a hot, sweaty morning, when we set off on our annual 4th of July 8k (5 miles) race. I was trying to be optimistic, knowing full well that I despise running in heat and humidity. (May I clarify that 4th of July ended up being over 100 degrees and about 111 with the heat index..so..hot!) I did pretty terrible and finished with my slowest time for 5 miles, ever, but..hey..at least I finished and didn't pass out. Charlie kicked into high gear, as usual, and finished 11th overall and 3rd in his age group. Thomas did his Toddler Trot for the third year in a row and did great. He even got into a low lunge, for his starter pose. I don't have any pics to share of the race..yet..as they are on my dad's camera. I will have to do a separate post for those. We concluded our hot, sticky day, by heading to the annual town celebration and parade. Two showers for everyone later, we ended the day at my parents house...inside. Woo! It was a hot one, but a good celebration. Here are a few pics from the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment