Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Two Vacations in One

Since I am home today, while our youngest starts his recovery from pneumonia...I figured I should take a few minutes to catch you up on our "goings on."


Henry is so very close to walking. He walks all around the furniture, pushes chairs and loves to take a few steps on his own, between mom and dad. He babbles a lot and has a few recognizable words, "Hi, mama, dada, dop (stop) and uh oh." He is getting great at pointing to things that he wants, since his words aren't quite there yet. He has also become a tickler! He loves to tickle people and laughs the whole time he does it.

Thomas is officially registered for preschool and cannot wait. We went to his early childhood screening last week and he is right on track! He went on his first playdate this past weekend, too. We have had playdates with some of our good friends, but I have always stayed and hung out with the moms of his friends (becuase they are my two great friends in town). Sometimes it's more of an "excuse," to set up a playdate, so us moms can have some girl time, too! haha Anyway, Thomas went over to a friend's house from daycare (they also go to our church, so we know them pretty well). He was so excited! On the way over, he said, "Mom, drive fast, but not so fast that you go to jail." And away we went. I dropped him off and he played for two hours. When did he get so big??

So..Two Vacations in One, is the title of this blog. Mom and dad had a vacation and the boys had their own vacation. Charlie and I went to Mexico for a week (Nuevo Vallarta) and the boys stayed at my parents' house. Everyone had a great time. I was the one crying, when we dropped the boys off, before we left, but I got over that pretty quickly. The boys had a great time at Grandma and Grandpa's house and barely had any sad moments. Charlie and I had a wonderful time in Mexico..relaxed, went on a zip line, drank some cocktails and enjoyed delicious scenery and food! Everyone had a great time. Grandma and grandpa did great, too! I think they got some much needed rest, AFTER Charlie and I returned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment