Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Morning of Surgery and a Little Gobble, Gobble

After months of fighting ear infections, Thomas finally got tubes put in his ears, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The whole process was just amazing! We were in pre-op by 8:30am, they wheeled him back in a wagon at 9am, we were meeting with the doctor by 9:14 (to hear it all went well), we were with Thomas by 9:30am in post-op and on our way home by 10am. He did a great job! The nurses said that he only cried for a minute, while coming out of anesthesia, but then he was fine. By the evening, he was running around, like his usual silly self. Hopefully, this helps out the little man and he won't have to deal with ear infections anymore. I had to post a couple of pictures in his surgical gown. I didn't bring my camera because I didn't know if it was entirely appropriate to take pictures for this "adventure." BUT..I couldn't help but snap a few with my phone. He was so cute in that gown. It was clearly meant for someone about two years older than him, but he still ran around and had fun in it.

We had Thanksgiving with the Hogberg side of the family on Thursday. Thomas had a lot of fun playing with grandma's toys and his cousins. Every once in a while, I think that Thomas actually had the upper hand, in their wrestling matches. He had no fear! He would just hop on Becca and Anna and take them down. It was pretty fun to watch. It was great spending time with family, especially now that my sister and her family are in the Chicago area. Our Iowa family also made the trip up for the holiday. It's so wonderful that so many of us live close enough to get together for these special times. Those of you far away were missed.




By Saturday night, Thomas came down with a fever. I called the ENT office, to see if it could be related to his tubes, but they thought it was viral. Up until today (Tuesday), Thomas has been fighting a fever ever since then. We're not sure if it was viral or if it is because of his three incisors popping through. Whatever it was...it knocked the poor little guy out. He got a lot of cuddle time with mom and dad, especially around the 1am-5am time frame. We seemed to have an addition to our bed for the past few nights. Who can blame him though? I know that when I don't feel good, I just want to be around people. Let's hope that sleep is on his agenda tonight, now that his fever is gone.


New adventures for the little guy:
  • After what has probably felt like an eternity to Thomas...we have finally caught on to some of his singing! Last Friday morning, I kept hearing him sing, "Da-tches, da-tches, da, da, da, DAAAAAA." I finally realized that it was "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!" It was so cute! He got very excited when I started singing with him. I have since found out that it is a favorite song at daycare and they spin in circles, while singing it (which also explains his new fascination with spinning in circles).
  • Just when I think he is never going to like a lot of meat...he eats venison! Charlie gave him a taste of cajun venison ground meat that we got from a friend and Thomas said, "Mmmmmmmmmmmm." He loved it. Tonight, we had venison steaks and Thomas had quite a few bites of it as well.
  • Garland is pretty. We have garland up on our archways and Thomas stops underneath it, points up and says, "ooooo." We will be getting our tree soon, so it will be interesting to see how he handles those new temptations! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Thomas is feeling better and that you had an enjoyable weekend with the family!!

    ReplyDelete