We took a trip to Milwaukee this past weekend, or as Thomas calls it...Waukee. Charlie took a USA Rugby Coaching Certification course. He said that it was a good experience and he's glad that he went. Thomas and I went along and played all weekend. The pictures below are evidence to that.
Thomas and I spent most of Sunday at the Milwaukee County Zoo. What a great zoo!! We had a fantastic time there. I think we saw every animal two or three times and rode the "choo choo" tour bus. Thomas was so excited to ride around on the choo choo and kept yelling, "woo woo choo choo," and saying hello to everyone that we saw. It was fun to watch him watch the animals. He usually pointed out the animals to me and then made the sound that they make. I think his favorites were the giraffes, hippos and elephants.
- Like I say every time...his vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds. He listens to everything and remembers it! My birthday was yesterday and he replayed the whole morning to me..."Mommy, Thomas flower happy birfday. Thomas hode it. Too Heaby. Daddy Hode it." Translation...Mommy, I brought you flowers for your birthday. Thomas wanted to hold it, but it was too heavy. Daddy held it. We can actually have conversations with him now...sometimes it takes a while to get it all figured out, but it's so cool.
- Thomas loves to dance. He has liked doing this for a while, but more and more now he wants to dance. He loves music and just has to move.
- Thomas is learning how to use his words, instead of hitting, screaming or doing other things. We haven't had a whole lot of trouble with this, but it's fun to hear him talk about it. He'll come home from daycare and say, "Jo Jo words, mom. Time out, Jo Jo. Jo Jo sit. Thomas words. Sorry Jo Jo." Jo Jo (Joseph) is his good friend at daycare. They are about two months apart, so they have a great time together but can also clash.
- We are really watching what we say around Thomas..."Oh Crap" and "Oh Geez" have been coming out of his mouth. :) I'm guilty of both of those. We are working on Oopsy and tonight he said, "Uff da!" What a good little Minnesotan.
We are heading to Seattle soon, to visit some of my family and friends. We will also have Thomas's 2nd birthday coming up! This means that I will have to post something else, sooner than a month and a half from now!!! Stay tuned...


Your son likes the Black Eyed Peas and mine likes the Beatles. Rock on!
ReplyDelete