
Welcome to the first edition of the Tales of Thomas. I have been encouraged throughout the past year to start a blog, for all of our tales, so...here we go (Oh Ms. Jessica...I believe the deal was that if I started a blog, that you would get on Facebook. See you soon!!). Let's see if I can get the hang of this...
Recently, Thomas has started mimicking noises. Dad is very good at making truck noises, so now Thomas is as well. He will just look at a truck/car/tractor/anything with wheels and this loud noise, accompanied by copius amounts of spit come flying out of his mouth. He really gives it quite a bit of power! Some words that Thomas has started to say...hi, mama, dada, no, Mana (Maja - our wonderful daycare provider), guck (truck), guck (duck), nana (banana) and ooooo (moo for a cow). It is so interesting to listen to him jabber to himself. Someday, we know it will make perfect sense, but for now...we just like listening and responding to him.
Thomas is getting so close to standing by himself and walking. There are times when he lets go of whatever is holding him up and he will stand there for a few seconds. Those times are getting more often and it won't be long before he just takes off. Watch out world!
Dad is apparently a jungle gym for Thomas. He seems to know that when dad is in the room, it's time to get crazy. They wrestle, tackle, climb, build forts, use dad as a horse, etc. Thomas gets so excited to play with dad and it is really fun to watch. I'm not sure who is having more fun..Thomas or dad. :)
Some things that we have discovered recently:
- Thomas does not like meat sticks by Gerber. I mean really...if it made me gag just opening the jar, should I have even tried giving it to my son?
- Catching a ball is really easy, when you use your feet to assist. And any and every ball is lots of fun...basketballs, footballs, rugby balls, volleyballs, etc. It's all good.
- Sleeping at night is happening for longer stints at night...even through the night at some points. Every night, we have a talk about how sleep is a good thing.
- Pushing chairs around is almost as fun as pushing his little lion around. It's even fun to push chairs around at wedding receptions.


Love it! You're such a natural story teller! And what better story to tell? Glad the peer pressure finally got to you! :)
ReplyDelete